Thursday, January 28, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL & COMPETITION PREP BEGINS

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope everyone survived the holidays and already has 2010 off to a great start. I survived the holidays mentally and physically by incorporating a new hobby....running. Two weeks after turning Pro at the 2009 NPC Nationals, I ran in my first 5K race. Not being a runner, this was a feat I wanted to just finish and accomplish. Without even training for it or really trying to run for time, I placed 5th in my age division. I was pretty surprised and excited....so I decided to do another 2 weeks after that. This time I wanted to improve my pace and my time. Surprisingly, this particular Saturday started South Florida's mysterious cold-snap. The conditions were brutal...at least for someone living in South Florida...lol. Temperature was in the low 50's and the wind gusts were fierce. As I was fighting against the wind, running along the oceanside of A1A, I thought to myself, "no way am I going to have a better time and pace." My goal was to just finish, as my asthma started kicking in. Once I crossed the finish line, my face and legs were stinging from the cold. The results were posted and can you believe it...I placed 2nd in my age category and improved my pace and time. I collected my very first race plaque. My next race may be in February down in South Beach.

A lot of new exciting things had my January jumping off the start line. I finally had started my own business. TLG Fitness, Inc. has several existing contracts with country clubs, training studios, and residential communities within the Boynton Beach/Boca Raton areas. TLG Fitness, Inc. offers 1-on-1 personal training, small group training, group fitness instruction, wellness coaching, and figure/fitness/bikini competition prep, and stage presence seminars. Be on the look out for www.TLGFitness.com as the launch of the website is scheduled for the end of February. In the mean time, my programs are still available under my TRAINING tab.

Secondly....
After over a decade of being out of college from my Undergrad and wanting to pursue my Masters, I've finally decided to JUST DO IT!!! My Graduate Program started last week and unfortunely, left me in a state of panic. Now finishing up my 2nd week, I'm getting back into the groove and have my "Higher Learning Thinking Cap" back on.

Lastly...
I have announced my 2010 Pro Schedule. Check under my CALENDER to see my scheduled competitions and hopefully I'll be seeing some of you there. My first show of the year and my PRO DEBUT will be the EUROPA SHOW OF CHAMPIONS in Orlando, Florida this is scheduled for April 16-17. As this is a pro debut for many new IFBB Pros, there will be a venue filled of competitor hopefulls. I will be blogging my journey to my PRO DEBUT so be sure to check out my BLOG tab often.

Thank you to all for your kind emails, comments, and requests. Feel free to email me through my CONTACT page and/or through FaceBook.

~Live life with love, passion, and joy.~

IFBB Pro Trina Goosby

No comments: